easingtoncollieryclub.co.uk

20121013_00100-1.JPG

EASINGTON COLLIERY TIME LINE

AS DOCUMENTED AT THE SITE, ON THE PATH

FROM THE CAR PARK TO THE CAGE

20121013_00101.JPG20121013_00102.JPG20121013_00103.JPG20121013_00104.JPG20121013_00105.JPG20121013_00106.JPG20121013_00107.JPG20121013_00108.JPG20121013_00109.JPG20121013_00110.JPG20121013_00111.JPG20121013_00112.JPG20121013_00113.JPG20121013_00114.JPG20121013_00117.JPG20121013_00119-1.jpg20121013_00121-1.jpg20121013_00122-1.jpg20121013_00123-1.jpg

THE COLLIERY OFFICIALLY CLOSED ON 7th MAY 1993

ENDING 80+ YEARS OF COAL PRODUCTION AT EASINGTON




THE LENGTH OF THE PATH FROM THE CAGE

TO THE CAR PARK WAS THE DEPTH OF THE

SOUTH PIT SHAFT AT 1500 FEET

Easington Colliery Club & Institute Ltd