CIU_logo_RGB.pngscroll.png

Easington Colliery Club & Institute Ltd

easingtoncollieryclub.co.uk

book.pngHistory_1.pngHistory_2.pngHistory_3.pngHistory_4.pngHistory_5.pngHistory_6.pngHistory_7.pngHistory_8.pngHistory_9.pngHistory_10.pngHistory_11.pngHistory_12.pngHistory_13.png

Designed by: www.cubedgraphics.co.uk

 

Inaugurated in 1912, the club will celebrate its centenary in October 2012

Easington Colliery Club & Institute Ltd

Gymnasts meeting behind the club circa 1935 

The Club celebrated its Golden Jubilee in October 1962

Photos kindly donated by Tom & Elsie Jones,

Steward and Stewardess 19?? to 19??

October 1962 Golden Jubilee Committee Members

W.MAUGHN

G.BOX

S.GRIFFITHS

T.PYGALL

S.FISHWICK

T.KEMP

S.HARPER

G.HARPER

G.HOPE

E.CHAPMAN

F.HUMPHRIES

T.CROFT

C.HUNTER

Disaster Strikes

Easington Colliert Club & Institute totally gutted by fire in 1964

The Club was eventually rebuilt and has recently undergone major repairs and  modifications to the roof, lounge and bar areas

 

The Club has a long association with the

EASINGTON LODGE of the Durham Area NUM

 

Easington_Colliery_Club_Pigeon_Club-1955.jpg